Damascus Way Recovery
A Christ Centered Discipleship recovery program devoted to working with men struggling with substance use disorder, homelessness, crisis of faith, and feeling a sense of hopelessness and discouragement.
Welcome to Damascus Way Recovery. A website and Christian based recovery program dedicated to offering unique and important perspectives on what it means to live spiritually mindful, with intent, meaning, and purpose. The focus is a Christ-centered recovery program to assist people in restoring their relationship with Christ and overcoming the obstacles and barriers they are facing.
Damascus Way Recovery focuses on recovery that is dramatic, startling, and life-changing process of transformation through Jesus Christ. Through a fresh relationship with Christ, an individual is empowered to improve their overall quality of life that is spiritually disciplined.
To foster healing and recovery among those who have stepped out of God’s divine and sovereign grace.
Mission and Purpose
Assist individuals in recovering their identity through Jesus Christ, renew their faith and hope in order to restore a deep and meaningful relationship with God, other’s, and self. This is accomplished by the these two truths:
- Salvation is through Jesus Christ and is the fundamental foundation to build upon
- Our response is to realign ourselves back into God’s divine Sovereign will through obedience to His sustaining word
The guiding principle is faith and hope whereby an individual discovers the central truth that motivates and inspires an authentic Christ-centered lifestyle. Becoming aware that people are able to be restored and overcome the internal and external challenges and adversities that have separated them from Christ’s love and mercy.
FOUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- To understand the nature of our separation from God’s divine love and grace, we come to understand the following principles:
- Sin and Transgression creates suffering: We take inventory because of our own experience with suffering.
- Awareness of our need: We realize the nature of our need for grace and forgiveness and begin to see the reality of those causes and conditions that have taken us from God’s divine sovereign will.
- Forgiveness and repentance is possible: We realize that forgiveness and repentance is possible and take refuge in God’s divine grace and mercy.
- Spiritual maturation is possible: As we commit ourselves over to walking in obedience to God’s divine sovereign will, we begin to discovery the abundant life promised to us by Christ.
- Our healing process begins when we come to the end of ourselves and realize our need for a renewed faith in Jesus Christ.
WHAT DAMASCUS WAY RECOVERY IS NOT ABOUT
This website is to provide inspiring, empowering, and encouraging articles to help people restore their relationship with Jesus Christ. To rekindle their lost love for the Gospel message. To find grace and mercy through forgiveness and repentance.
We do not provide professional counseling for mental health, substance use, or other ailments. If clinical treatment is needed to assist an individual in their efforts to move toward a spiritually mindful and meaningful relationship; resources and referrals will be made.